Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Guys, I'm 100% positive that I was not supposed to open that box!! Some of you commented that Dr. X probably ordered those books as a joke, to embarrass me. Nooo nonononono. Those were for his very private collection.

Upon my arrival Monday morning, I realized I wasn't the first one in the office. The lights and the radio were already on. I arrive at 9am every day, the doctor arrives at 11am. Forever and always. What the heck is he was he doing in so early???? But I then decide I'd rather not know.

I'm on the phone when he finally emerges from the backroom/lunchroom. He leaves the office without looking at me. I already know the answer, but still I dash to the back of the office to check his mailbox. Yup, the box is gone. It seems to be the only thing taken out of his mailbox. Eeek!!! Now what?

I head back up to the front desk and try to look busy. Maybe he'll just walk past me when he comes back. Maybe he'll call me from his car and tell me there is an emergency at the hospital and that he will need to cancel the day. Maybe he'll just go straight home and get his housekeeper to call him in sick. Or maybe.....

He just dropped a muffin onto my desk?!!? A muffin and a juice?? That's supposed to buy my silence??? In that moment, our eyes met and I thought "The poor sucker's embarrassed. I promise I won't gossip about it to my family even though it's killing me." FYI, Dr X is not only my employer, he is my cousin's husband. Do you know how hard it was to keep it to myself all weekend being surrounded by people who know X.

Ok, in that instance at my desk, I promised myself to let it all go. But not before allowing myself one last freebie.

" Hey X, where are you taking me for lunch today?" cause I realized, I had nothing to embarrassed about and I was gonna get me a free lunch.

15 Comments:

Blogger Greta Adams said...

bwhahahahaha now your my kinda girl

10:16 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

oh, that makes the story even better....lol.

seriously, ask him if he learned anything ;)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

lol I love this saga.

Perhaps you could get a raise out of this? You know, since you now have an added duty of not telling a really really really funny story.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That is classic! Hope that you enjoyed the lunch...

Scott

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG LOL!! Does any of your family read this blog? LOL this is too funny!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

oh. ohhhhhhhhh.
i did not even know
that's embarrassing
on his part
and somewhat advantageous on yours?
sounds like you figured that out
already.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

hahaha.
good job.
you should have really asked for new shoes.
screw the free lunch :)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

i think we underestimate your evil streak raina raina!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Nice!

How was lunch?! :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

oh, soooo funny!
& embarrasing for him.
free lunch, HA!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Raina, you are aabsolutely brilliant!!!! lmao!!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Ohhhh my gosh, cannot believe he is your cousin's hubby!!!! And LOL on him trying to "buy" you off to keep you quiet!! Hope it was a good lunch though =)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Too effin funny!!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Atta girl! So? Did you get the free lunch?!?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

where are you? we are missing you?

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page