Monday, March 27, 2006

Week-end Recap

Slept in Saturday and Sunday. Felt good. Disappointed that I got really late starts on both days, but couldn't find it in me to get out of bed. Minimal laundry and cleaning done.

When I finally did get dressed and out the door, I stopped in at my parent's house for a visit. Ok, I dropped in more than once this past weekend. But c'mon, I didn't move all the way home from Ottawa to not stop in for the occasional home made meal.

Mom bought this cause it was too cheap to pass up. A real leather purse on clearance + 50% off + my mom's 15% discount. Will I ever use this? Someday, I will have the perfect outfit and it will look smashing. So yes, my mom bought it with an eccentric aunt of mine in mind, but I visited my parents house before she did so I decided I was entitled to it. I mean, c'mon, adorable.



Oh yeah, I should clue you ladies in..... I found my sparkly flip flops. Uh huh, I did. And when you find something that you love and can't live without, do yourself a favor and buy it in every color. I almost died when I found them. I mean, I looked all over NYC last summer to replace the pair that broke the summer before. I had just about given up hope.....and then I found them in Payless.




And last but not least, I have to share......

When Jimmy went to meet the home inspector last week, I asked him to take some pictures of our house. I mean, we aren't moving in till July. I didn't want to forget what the inside looked like.

At the moment, there is a family of 5 living in this house. Tons of pictures on the walls, stuff all over the place. I don't feel like it's my place to flash their personal belongings to the whole world, so the only picture I feel comfortable showing is the kitchen. If ever there was reason to learn to cook......

See the little table/island right in in the front?? I imagine the chairs will leave, but the little island is definitely staying.

15 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I am LOVING those sparkly flip flops..might be good for the breidesmaids..gonna go check out Payless...cute purse, you will find a smashing outfit I'm sure!! Cute kitchen!! Please come and visit me, and visit the Flying Beaver..we would have so much fun!!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Wow, kitchen envy here!! I love it...and which eccentric aunt was supposed to get that purse?? Love that too. (Might have to trade for gold sparkly flip flops, if I can find them ;)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an eccentric friend?

...your aunt's friend Diana

11:46 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Everyone's entitled to sleep in every now and then! But I know the feeling of the day seeming so late!
LOVE those flip flops, how fun and sparkly are they?! I need to find me some now! =)

11:53 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

So glad you found your sparkly flip-flops! They are cute!

Love the new kitchen...can't wait to see the rest of the place!

xoxox

12:06 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Nice flip flops, glad that you got three pairs... .hahaha.

Nice kitchen too. I am jealous... it is so big.

scott

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS is the UGLY HOUSE? OMG Raina your kitchen IS FREAKING HUGE!!!!! Wow! Beautiful cabinets too! YAY COME ON JULY!!

PS. Loved your comment, "your sister is hot" LOL

4:32 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Very cute kitchen! You must be so excited for July.

Love the flip flops. Will have to make a trip to Payless. I'm so glad that you found them.

Oh gee, I can't wait 'til it's flip flop weather

7:07 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

GIRL I thought of you the other day when i went to payless i saw them but i haven't been on long enough to let you know...lol I am loving that kitchen...gosh i wish i had that much space...hmph i am jealous...that purse rocks by the way...i have the perfect outfit for it so if it takes up to much space i'll email you my address and you can send it on down south..*WINK*

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

love the kitchen!!
that purse is so cute, although i'm a complete fashion idiot, so what do i know?! my 2-year-old has more fashion sense than me & i think she'd fight you for it :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

ooh... cute purse.
and shoes.
and house - yay!! :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Thank goodness you found your flip flops!!! Score!

And I am so excited about your new home... you must be sooo anxious to get in there!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

holy canoli girl! that kitchen is fabulous! that's awesome! :)

I love that you found your flops! yay! :)

oh, and cute purse. :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

CUTE CUTE purse and shoes!
I just got a shirt/skirt (which whould not be worn together) that would match the purse extremely well. And I rediscovered flip flops today as well. I'm in love.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your house looks so cute! And I love your sparkly flip-flops! I saw some at Fashion Bug the other day and thought of you :)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page