Monday, February 20, 2006

FYI: ‘Comment of the Year’ came from an elementary teacher. How’s that for seeing a teacher in a whole new light. Growing up, I was intimidated by most of my teachers. Thought they were more like robots….figured they were all single, cranky and lonely. Now that I’m older and smarter, I know better.
And it doesn’t hurt that I’ve ‘met’ Christielli and Kristi S along my blogging journey.

This past Saturday I went to a surprise ‘Good Luck, Goodbye and Never Give Up’ party for my cousin Renee. She’s moving far far away to Canadian Hollywood (Vancouver BC) for 6 months of serious heavy duty schooling at the Vancouver Acadamy of Dramatic Arts. Then she’s charging full speed ahead with all her might to break into the business. Be it acting, directing, producing, writing.......who knows. She’s had experience in all aspects already. Whatever makes her happy…….I’m just hoping I can design a necklace for her to wear to her first award ceremony. Oh and hoping I get an invitation to a Hollywood wedding someday. (Trust me, she’s gorgeous and won’t settle for a poor bald man……we’re gunning for Keith Urban…..Renee’s fairly certain she can knock Nicole out of the picture.)

It was a whole production to get Renee out of the house on Saturday so the decorations could go up. Finally my aunt shipped Renee off to a whole afternoon at the spa. When she arrived home (fashionably late of course……) the party started up with a vengeance.


The guest of honor arrives finally.



me and Renee.



Renee & my adorable little brother.....who's barely ever given me a good picture in his 26 years.



What's a Hollywood send-off party without Hollywood clappers??!?!?



Renee, you're such a goof...........and I love you soo much. Good luck!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Fun...your cousin seems so fun!! Good luck to her!! I bet she will be famous!! And you can design her a fabulous necklace which will look awesome with her Oscar winning dress...hey you never know!! I hope you come to Vancouver to visit her, that would be so cool and we can hang out!! FUN!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck Renee!!! A few of my friends live in B.C. One loves it, the other's not so sure about it yet.

Love your photos Raina!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Good luck to Renee! Oh, if you get to design a necklace for her so we can watch for it on her award show! :)

Ciao!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

good luck to renee. Those were some good pics. Welcome back to the world of blogging...I am glad I am not alone...hehehehe

Looks like ya'll had a great time..wish I was there I so desperatly need a Crown and Diet 7 or Sprite..a girl can't be to choosy when begging for drinks

10:24 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hope that Renee has tonnes of success. Looks like a solid party.

Oh and that VJ that you hate was not there. Leah the one that looks like she is 12 was there, Hannah Sung was there and Matte the guy who hosts MOD were there. Nice people one and all.

Scott

11:04 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

that last picture of her is to die for! i love it! wishing her the best of luck! :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

looks like a fun time!
and look at you with your new photoshop skills!
go raina! :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

dude.. you're rockin' the PS!!!
go girl!
love the last photo this much!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Love the photos! Good luck to your cousin in BC. My roommate's from BC and considers it totally superior to Ontario in every way.

lol - Yeah - I totally don't fit your past cranky, lonely and single teacher stereotype... I'm only cranky and single... not so lonely since I have tonnes of buddies - real-life and those of the blogging persuasion. ;) Actually, I'm not even that cranky...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

aww, cute post, raina.
you're so photogenic!
good luck, renee!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos, looks like a great send-off party! Good luck to Renee :)
*Oh, and I am the most fun teacher you'd ever meet! Well, maybe not, but I am pretty fun ;)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page