Saturday, March 11, 2006

Things just got crazy. Real fast. All of a sudden.

The first half of this past week bored me to tears. Nothing worthy of sharing with the blogging community. It’s hard to have a fabulous life all the time.

Wednesday morning as Jimmy was jumping out of bed for work, he mentioned we had three appointments to check out some houses. Whoa!! Jimmy’s sister just called her agent and booked the appointments without asking us. I thought to myself “what a waste of this guy’s time….we’re not even really looking” after Jimmy told me the three houses we were looking at. I wanted to just skip out of the whole thing. Two were too expensive and the third one was ugly. Wanna guess which one we bought yesterday???

Jimmy and I fell in love. Hard. With the ugly house. And I have officially learned a lesson. Give the house a chance even though it’s a plain on the outside. It’s what’s on the inside that counts. How many times have you heard that?? Cause it’s true for houses too.

We pulled up to the ugly house (which really just needs a coat of paint) and I thought “No way, I won’t live here.”

Jimmy asked me a week ago if I wanted to check it out cause it was in our budget and I replied “No, it’s not cute on the outside. We’re not looking for houses till cute ones come on the market.” Of course, all I knew was what the front outside looked like but still I was convinced it was nothing special.

Wednesday afternoon we saw it and were left wanting it. Thursday we went back and everyone, except for my dad because he had band practice, came and gave their blessing. Mom told Dad “it was not what I expected when I pulled up and saw the outside (like mother, like daughter) but once I walked in……whoa, different story. I could live in that house.”

Put our offer in on Friday morning and found out at 7pm that we got it. Let the crazy times roll.

We get the keys June 30. That gives us plenty of time to buy a fridge and stove.

p.s. 5 bedrooms means……1 for us, 2 for future babies, 1 computer/gaming room for Jimmy and best of all, a scrap room for me. I can’t believe it. That was kinda my selling point.

16 Comments:

Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WOO-HOO, RAINA!! THAT IS SO AWESOME AND EXCITING AND WONDERFUL!!!!! WOW, TOTALLY UNEXPECTED, BUT JUST SHOWS IT WAS "MEANT TO BE"!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS! =)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Wow! That is freakin' amazing news, I am soooo excited for you both - after our wedding, the house is our next big step... I can't wait to find one I fall in love with!

Yay for you for taking such a huge step!!!!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG OMG 5 BEDROOMS? And 2 for BABIES?? RAINA!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! My house is so plain on the outside too but once you paint it and landscape it it will make it look so nice!! You gotta post some pics of the ugly house... and we can see whose is uglier! LOL

12:54 AM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. And 5 bedrooms! Whoa! Sounds like a palace, despite the misleading exterior. I'm so happy for you! Great work!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

oh Raina!! Congrats! you home owner, you :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

WOW! I'm soo excited for you guys and can't wait to do a drive by when I'm home for Nana's birthday! And yes, post pics cause I'm sure we'll all want to see the before Raina & after Raina ugly house!!
Congratulations!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

Congratulation Raina. I am so excited for you. Get pics so we can all see your new casa.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAY Raina!! I am so happy for you!! So exciting!! Congrats!! And 5 bedrooms..WOW!!! And a scrap room!! WOOHOO!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Raina!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see some photos :) I'm so happy for you two :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Raina! That is so exciting. Maybe you should only reserve one for kids and the other for me when i come to visit. i guess i could sleep in your scrap room, but i'm not guaranteeing that i won't mess with your stuff all night long.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Congratulations to you and Jimmy! That is very exciting stuff. I am really happy for you. Best of luck with everything. My sister just got a place a couple of weeks back and it too is ugly on the outside and really nice inside.

Scott

11:20 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Raina!
congratulations!
A house for babies and a scraproom?
what could be better?!
:)

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Raina,
Congrats on your new home, i am sure you will enjoy. Send pictures along.
take care Lynn from Ottawa

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Raina! That is so exciting!!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

OMG Raina, congratulations!!! That's so great! We all can't wait to see it! :) Yay!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

ooh...
i need to stop working so that i can read your blog more than once in awhile - congrats!! yayayayaya... so fun!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page