Sunday, March 05, 2006

Nothing dampens a mood more than noticing it 9 :41pm on a Sunday night.
I’m not alone in this feeling right?

I’m a totally ‘glass half empty’ kinda girl. The minute I wake up on Sunday morning, I’m like ‘Ugh, it isn’t Saturday anymore. It’s the last day of the weekend.”

Soo, Oscar night huh? Not my cup of tea. Of course, I watched the all-important red carpet pre Oscar shows this evening but I had my fill by the time the show started at 8pm.

Jimmy was feeling a little under the weather this weekend so I escaped to the mall on Saturday while he was having an afternoon nap. Leaving him is the kindest thing I can do when he’s sick. I make more noise when I’m trying to be quiet. Cups fly out of my hands and crash to the floor, if it’s a cup of a hot beverage then I yell, sometimes books fall of the bookshelf. So I went to the mall.

Bought a new book. Ok, bought a whole bunch of stuff and decided to leave the mall when I noticed the circulation in my hands was being cut off. But anyways, back to the book. Walked into the bookstore, just for fun. Not really looking for anything new cause I have a few still waiting at home. Looked up and saw this. Now tell me you wouldn’t pick this up.

Marley & Me.
Can you see what it says at the top? “life and love with the world’s worst dog”
Well that little face had me at hello…..but conviction is what made me buy the book. No way is this dog worse than Banner. No way!! And three chapters in, I’m in shock. Marley is an effing yellow Banner!!! And John and Jenny Grogan are Jimmy and I. Right down to their feelings towards pregnancy and the arguments they had about naming their new furry family member.

Marley was named after Bob Marley. He filled their home with his music. Banner was named after the road we lived on when we brought him home. Banner Road. Ok, now I’m just trying too hard to try to add parallel. Nevermind.

Oh, the first night (actually in all honesty it was the first 7 nights, but who’s counting) we put Banner to bed and he screamed for what seemed like hours. Suckers that we are, we gave in. Banner’s bed was moved from the kitchen to right up against Jimmy, who dangled his arm down to pet and soothe baby Banner to sleep. Exactly what John had to do for Marley his first night in his new home.



You just know that this book is gonna make me cry. I’ve been to John Grogan’s blog,Marley & Me , seen pictures of Marley growing up and know that Marley has passed, hopefully having gained entry into heaven. Banner and Marley will have such a blast someday together.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I could NEVER read that, I'd cry my eyes out I know it. I'm sure it will be awesome though.

The oscars were a giant snoozefest. Booooring. :(

11:50 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Banner was so cute, well I am sure that he still is. I should post some puppy picture of Gord sometime.

D

1:15 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

awww!
that baby banner picture is the cutest thing EVER!
My parents NEED another puppy...we've been without one since September. :(
Heard that book was great...I'll have to check it out, even though I'm sure I'll cry too!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

The cover of that book is just way too cute!! Let us know how it is!! YAY for shopping!! Hopefully your hubby is feeling better soon!! Love that cutie pic of your puppy!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

i hate watching that boring crap but i am however with you on the pre show...it is a MUST that I see all the fashion disasters

4:41 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Oh Raina, I love it - you are just as big a sap as I am, lol!

6:32 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

SHOPPING SOUNDS FUN, AND THE BOOK LOOKS SOOOO CUTE!! THAT LITTLE FACE MAKES ME WANT TO GET A DOGGIE, BUT FROM WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE, YOU SAY, I THINK I'LL PASS ON THE DOGGIE!! LOL =)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Have you ever drank while watching the Oscars? Maybe that would make you an Oscar girl? ;)

I get majorly depressed on Sunday evening... Really, sometime I get depresse on Friday evening thinking "oh woe is me.... my first night of the weekend is almost over."

Hope your week is fan-freaking-tastic.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww you know I am going to buy this. And for the record Jack was named after Matt Fox's character on Lost, how geek am I?

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWww I totally saw that book TWICE this weekend and I almost bought it!! I wanna read it now! I'll have to check for it at the library. That's too funny. Something about Labs I guess....

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

i need that book.
clearly.
banner is one cute pup.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

So funny, your comments about trying to be quiet while Jimmy sleeps!! I can so totally relate!
I've read some excerpts from that book and Marley sounds hysterical!...and for the record...I think Jimmy hsoudl be happy with the dog and the computer for a while longer...babies will come eventually...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I heard that book was supposed to be really good. Baby Banner is the cutest wittle puppy! That photo makes me smile :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

OMG!!! look at that adorable puppy!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

too cute of a book I'm sure.
I miss when Bannerman we that tiny...although for whatever reason he really liked to bite me. But he was still cute...and still is. At least he's past the bitting stage!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page