Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm a married woman.......and done honeymoonin' too

Well, the wedding went off without a hitch. It was a hot and humid day, everyone was sweating like pigs and I 'melted'. My hair got flatter as the day wore on and my make-up evaporated (?? can I say that??) but it didn't stop me from getting married..... And everyone swears I was still the most beautiful bride they ever seen, but doesn't everyone say that to every bride?

I just got home from NYC. It was the longest week of my life. It was sooo hot, I swear almost 100 degrees with the humidity. For two days, all I wanted to eat was watermelon and drink smoothies and water. I lost 5 pounds. However, drinking water constantly from vendors in Time Square = lots of money. Did I spend lots of money? YES!!! What did I buy? WATER!!!

To make things worse, the weather was insanely hot and we had a million things to do in the week we were there. Did manage to see all the important stuff like Ground Zero, took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, went up the Empire State Building, Central Park, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and I saw Beauty and the Beast (it gave me shivers and made me a little bit teary because the set was soo beautiful.)


All in all, it was a busy past few weeks and I'm anxious to just settle into my new married life.....still haven't decided what to do about my name change. I'm thinking I want to hypenate..... I can't just up and change my name....I know lots of women do it, but I still want to hang on to the old me. Jimmy and I have been together for 8 years (today!!! Is this still an anniversary???) so even though we're newlyweds, it still doesn't feel too different.

I want to keep me alive.....but also be a part of Jimmy. Does Lafond-Demers sound fabulous or what!?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger kristina contes said...

Hey girl! Glad you're back and congrats! I want pictures!!!

Sorry I didn't w/b before you left...things were totally crazy at that time. But it sounds like you had a great trip! I never would have been able to tell you about all those places cause I never really go them...too touristy?? I dunno. So I would have been useless anyway.

Hyphenating sounds good. I did the full name change. My old last name was soooo long and anoying.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Hooray!! Congrats on the wedding! I didn't do the hyphen thing but now when I sign my name I use my maiden name and then my married name...It is long but hey I can't just like get rid of my maiden name!

NY is so much fun, I have been once and I bought lots of hot dogs from the vendors!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page