Saturday, January 14, 2006


Alison tagged me, so here comes another Q&A with Raina.

Four jobs I've had:
-grocery store cashier; first job ever and also the best....seriously, who worked in a grocery store with a bazillion other kids and didn't have fun screwing around in the back room? Seriously, my brother was ALWAYS GONE.... "I swear I was outside collecting carts this whole past hour."
-hairstylist; worst job ever. what a slap in the face....I cried almost every single day when I got home from work. and for the record, I was a good stylist.
-and from hairstyling, I surprised everyone and became a boring insurance underwriter
-until I moved home to Timmins where I am currently working as a medical assistant.

Four movies I'd watch over and over:
The whole Lord of the Rings trilogy (Does this count as 1 or 3 movies?)
Dirty Dancing

Four places I've lived:
only lived in three different cities
Timmins ON
Gatineau QC
Nepean ON

TV shows I love to watch:
Sex and the City
Related
Kenny vs. Spenny.... pretty sure it's Canadian...what a great waste of time.
Other than that, if Jimmy isn't in charge of the remote, it's on CMT cause it's background noise on the only channel that doesn't make Banner howl. Every other channel has a bazillion commercials with puppies in them.

Four websites I visit daily:
Hotmail
Google
CelebritySmack
and many many blogs.

Four places I've been on vacation:
-Midland ON
-Toronto ON with a brief stop in Niagara Falls
-Ottawa ON (before living there)
-New York City

Four foods I love:
strawberries
strawberry daquiries & shortcake
chicken fajitas
BBQ'd anything

Four places I’d rather be:
-This birthday girl with a pocket full of money wishes she were at a scrap sale
-or a bead store
-ok, or a clothes store.
-But I'm quite content relaxing at home today and waiting for Jimmy to be ready for a walk in the bush with Banner.

Four people to tag:
-Hey, if I wasn't actually the last person to get tagged (again) and you haven't done it....go nuts.

Now you're all wondering right.... how was my birthday dinner with the parents and Mikey. One word - delicious. The weather has been unseasonably warm around here so I decided on a summer BBQ supper.

Me with my Mom and Jimmy and anyone surprised? my baby brother. Dad took this picture and Nana didn't want to participate.

Oh and Mikey took this picture....funny guy and a real whiz with a camera. For real, any of you single gals need a boyfriend?


For your reading pleasure:


***CONVERSATION FROM AROUND THE DINNER TABLE***
Dad: "Wow, great dinner!!"
Mom: "Don't thank me, thank Raina for the delicious suggestion."
Raina: "Yeah well since I've always wanted my birthday in the summer, the recent warm weather gave me the great idea to choose BBQ. It almost feels like summer, sitting around the table, drinking summer drinks and eating burgers."
Dad: "Yeah, this nice weather is sooooo un-January like. Nothing like the Friday the 13th in 1978 when Raina was born."
Brother: "Yeah wasn't there a huge storm when Raina was born? Soo big that Dad ended up in a ditch on the way to the hospital? And as he was rushing to the delivery room, they brought Raina out and he took one look at her and thought "Oh my God, my daughter is retarded."
I'll never live that down. And I'll never let the doctors use forceps on my babies when I deliver.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOh - that story is price-less (cruel, but priceless)!!!

Sounds like you had a pretty good b-day and I think the BBQ was a perfect idea...

2:19 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

GIRL!!! I am laughing so hard that i can't stand myself...That story is so freaking funny i think i have pissed my pants...glad you had a great birthday

2:49 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

hahaha... your family is hilarious!

Grrr... too bad that the judo thing wasn't in Stupid-sassy-beadless-Sudbury so you couldn't save your bday cash. Argle bargle.

Oh, and for the record, I'm the absolute last loser who has not done the tag.

Glad your birthday was splendid!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

LOL love the story. And strawberries.And Sex and the City. And you <3

6:43 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

HAPPY HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR!!!! GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AND IT DEFINITELY SOUNDED LIKE A SUMMER NIGHT... SIGH... CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER NIGHTS!!!!

LOVE YOUR LIST... I LOOOOVE LORD OF THE RINGS, OH SO MUCH! AND I LOOOOOVE STRAWBERRIES, OH SO MUCH!! HEE HEE =)

10:15 PM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

Glad you're enjoying the same weather we were here! Wish I could have had some BBQ with my other family!

Love the pics...and the story. I just may have to be the other person who was never tagged. I'm on it! haha

12:58 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

LMAO!!! that's sooooo freakin funny girl!!! you don't even want to know what i thought when they put my girl on my stomach after she came out!!! so glad you had a good birthday!!!

My New Blog!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Yes but you were such a cute little retard and we loved you anyways!! HAHAHA

Wish you were coming at the end of the month. We'll miss you here!
Love
Shoosh xxoxx

12:36 PM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

bwhahahaha!
that's an awesome story!
did you love all your tag love on TwoPeas???
happy birfday again chica!

- your favorite stalker

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

HAHA.
So glad you had a good birthday!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Raina, Raina, at it again! So funny, as usual! Happy Birthday, girlie!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

OMG, your dad is TOOOO funny! That's awesome! I'm SOOO glad that you had a fun birthday! That's awesome! Are we surprised that your bro didn't cooperate? I think not.... ;)

Yay for fun birthdays!!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Hair stylist! You should have been the queen of that job:)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!! LOL! I must admit I just choked on my hot chocolate.

Glad your Birthday was a good one! Expect a package from moi in the mail sometime next week :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page