Thursday, January 05, 2006

a little potpourri....

Genious that I am, I'm just gonna empty out my head right now....which will probably leave me empty for blogging material for a day or two. No problemo.

First, got tagged by Greta to share 5 quirks....feel like I've just been giving and giving..... anyone tired of me yet? I'll do it though...cause I'm a trouper and cannot leave someone hanging.
1. Jimmy eats my brown Smarties for me. It was one of my quirks years ago that has faded out, but because 7 years ago, at a time when my actions, hair and dance moves resembled the finally cancelled 'Dharma', I pronounced to the world that Jimmy and I would marry and live happily ever after because we both loved Ketchup and he'd save me the burden of eating brown Smarties. And even though I'm older and wiser and know that giving away my brown Smarties means less for me, I can't break our tradition.
2. The first concert I ever saw was Shania Twain...she came home and Timmins had the biggest concert ever outside in the park.
3. Lately, I'm really digging country music. And I effing cry at the real sappy sad videos. And Banner sits with me on the couch and cuddles with me to try to cheer me up.
4. My birthday this year falls on a Friday. I was born a Friday the 13th baby.....and again I'll be celebrating on a Friday the 13th. Any suggestions what I should do to celebrate?
5. It takes me approximately 4-5 hours to complete a scrapbook layout! I can't commit!! I can't glue it all down. And I'm soo self-conscious about my layouts afterwards because I put soo much work into it and I worry what people are thinking when they look at them. (Oh yeah, only a select few have seen my scrapbooks.....however, my new years resolution is to start posting on 2Peas.)

Alright, next......I hate to even record this in my blog....I'll come back someday and delete this cause I don't usually fill my blog with useless celeb gossip and info....but hit my link for Celebrity Smack if you dare and listen to a brainless single off K-Fed's album. Yeah, I said IF YOU DARE. But I decided it is a dare now.....and I want to know if any of you actually suffered through the entire song, cause I certainly didn't.

First birthday cake of the year yesterday...headed over to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's birthday. (My dad worried I might meet crazies while blogging and voiceed concerns about my posting pictures and using my real name....so I'll respect him and only post this 'faceless' pic of him from the Boxing Day Jam Session in my uncle's basement.)



I put this hat on my dad cause I thought it was appropriate enough since we were all joining in on a wicked rendition of The Gambler that was to Kenny Rogers what American Idol's (many) horrible renditions of I'll Be was to Edwin McCann. (Sorry Kenny......but did we ever have fun!!)

Hmm, Blogger's actually letting me post pictures tonight.....let's see what else I can come up with.

Did some dancing on New Years Eve..... Couldn't even begin to try to remember what my mother-in-law and I were doing.



However, I do remember trying to teach Jimmy's uncle the 'slap it' dance.



I'm really enjoying Jimmy's Ipod I bought him...and he's thoroughly enjoying taking pictures of Banner & I with my Rebel.



Ok, I'm done....and my brain is still buzzing with words.....but these pictures killed me and I must get off for now.

p.s. I'm a Pea now!!! Still really new at the whole deal, but I'll be visiting and can now leave pea praise to all my Pea Pals.

16 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

lol I love the Brown smarties quirk! I always had a dislike of brown M&Ms and would try to eat the green ones first.

An iPod - great totally selfless gift idea. ;)

Great pics and happy new year!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

Yay for Pea-ness. Ok, umm, that sounds a little bad... but well...
The slap it dance, eh?! HOTNESS.
I have heard the K Fed song and I do NOT need to again, sorry. Do you sell your necklaces?! Because really, I want one. They're so f'n wonderful...

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Brown smarties? Whoever heard of such a thing? Wait a minute.. I just realized (as I was typing that) that you're probably not talking about the same smarties as I am thinking of... hmmm...

2. Um, duh, you gotta watch scary movies on your birthday!! Happy bday girl!!

3. Banner & Jack could be twins. He is soo cute! Lovin the doggy pics! And Jack never comforts me when I cry.. he just sits there and stares at me weird.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Okay I listended to the whole K-Fed song... hahahaha... very funny stuff. I used to date a girl who made me eat all of the blue M&M's...

K this song is killing me, literally!

9:08 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

Those dancing pics are killin’ me!! Happy Birthday Raina’s Dad! Yay for scrappin and POSTING .. what’s your Pea name?? (Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!)

.. I like to comment on four things all within the same paragraph .. See, I can be just as random as you!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

So what's your pea name there chickie? We can't very well go peep your stuff down the road if we don't know.... ;)

I LOVE your pictures! Picture posts are my fave! :)

Thanks for sharing your quirks.... ;)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

What is your Pea Name? I love the necklace by the way. Glad you shared your quirks.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I love the necklace too and the fun pics of NYE. Actually I just like reading your posts....so funny and cute...

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I went and checked K-Fed's song out... and I'm with April, I actually feel dumber now... I like to think that if our boys sang that bad we could convince them to pull the plug before going public???
Yeah for Pea-ing - I'm still not that brave myself yet (I'm like you, too critical of my stuff)

We have to meet sometime so we can compare dance moves, Caroline can testify I'm an amazing dancer!

6:24 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

yay for becoming a pea and you have to POST!!!!
(now what's your name chicky!!)
Those NYE pictures were hysterical! Loved 'em...
M&M's are "smarties"?
I'm confused! :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

p.s. your jewelry IS awesome! Loved the necklace in your picture right under Banner's pic!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

wooo hoo!! will you pea at your desk at work like i do?!?!? ;-)~

My new Blog!!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.. I think I saw the same blog with the smarties. We don't have them here in Oklahoma..and the only reason I knew they were like M&Ms is because of that blog. Blogging IS educational!! Oh and when I herad "smarties" mentioned I think of a little tart candy http://www.smarties.com/ which is what I would assume most Americans think about when they hear smarties... maybe its the same name is the reason we dont have them :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Raina, I'm pretty sure you're lapdancing her. yes, sweet. and yes you do look like dharma! totally. maybe a cuter version. but cute. i love the smarties quirk. that's so cute. and it takes me a long time to do a layout too mostly because i lay everything down and then i pick it up to adhere/ink and then i forget what it had looked like.

glad you joined 2peas- you need to post some of your layouts and share! you will get totally addicted to doing that. and come visit a peek into yesterday. sweetest scrapping site ever. best people ever. you'd fit in.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Loved all the pics!! And awesome post!! And I also love your jewelry!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger EveyQ said...

This one was definitely worth being empty of bloginess for a day or so. Very much enjoyed all the pics : )

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page