Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Dog For Rent.....real cheap

......just for the holidays.

-15 month old Black Lab (with just enough Chocolate Lab in him to make him, for a lack of a better word, CRAZY!)
-answers to the names Banner, B, Deelio, Bannerbum, Bannerman, Bum, BB, Satan.
-Male....and soo damn curious.
-Always up for a snack
-And boy, does he snuggle nicely.


For your viewing pleasure........

Now, here's the catch....possession of this little beast entails a very sparsely holiday decorated living space.

This is what I have soo far.....and I suspect that I wont be able to pull too much more out of storage this weekend. Will Santa still come if I don't have a tree? Eeek, I don't want to find out. We'll have to work something out.


Yeah, Christmas is just around the corner......I have yet to begin shopping and all I have as decorations are a table cloth and 4 plates.

Oh hey, forgot to tell you...... Saw Rent with my Mom and friend Paula. Soo glad Paula was there, because my mom doesn't cry at movies. She just doesn't cry!! Yeah, where the hell do I get it from?

Oooh April.....I found TEAL staples! I picked them up, along with blue, green and pink ones!! Gonna play with them tonight.

Lastly party girls......when you're out and about......can you request Girls just wanna have fun and think of me? Cause dammit.....Jimmy's staff party was this past weekend and the DJs were killing me!! NO Cyndi Lauper??? And no I wanna dance with somebody!!! Now, I get it. They're old tunes....but HELLOOOOOOOOO, some oldies are goodies right? And the straw that broke my back.....NO BLACK BETTY!!!! Dude, is a party a party without Ram Jam? Black Betty is to my family what Black Eyed Peas' Let's get it started is to the MTV music awards.

Anyways, I'm off to have a little shot of Christmas.... The only thing that is getting me through this (undecorated) holiday is my nightly shot of Peppermint Schnapps. Instead of an advent calendar with a dinky little chocolate....I have a shot of peppermint...either in my peppermint tea or as dessert. Tonight I forgot all about Day #6 so I'm just gonna take it like a man. Cheers!

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehe, what a cutie! I like those plates! My rents collected plates for me growing up, we have quite a few. They always play Cyndi Lauper at least once ... what the heck was that DJ thinking?!

The pickle is on the left side of the tree near the bottom quarter next to a red bulb. It's hard to see cuz it blends in with the green of the tree. I'll have to take a picture of it.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Too bad about the no tree... you will have to figure out something. How about becoming temporarily Jewish and installing a Menorah then Hannukah Harry can come in liew of Santa this year? Just a suggestion.... I am half Jewish so I get to do both.


Glad that you like the pics... Nepal was sooooo amazing... i want to go back,.

D

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

You gotta work something out with the tree...I know - labs are so boistrous! :) We have a cat that climbs to the top of the tree and peeks out...so far he hasn't done any real damage.
Went to see Rent opening weekend...didn't cry a drop...love the music...but did shed a few over Walk the Line. Go figure...hormones?? Old times? I knew almost every song. lol
I'm not sure the true gritty reality made it through in Rent...Really not a pretty story but powerful and sad. Glad you had a cry buddie...:)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That picture of Banner is SOO cute! He's so handsome! We went through the whole barely decorated house when we had a dog. Sucked, but what can you do? You could always decorate Banner!

No Cyndi Lauper? How can he live with himself?

11:26 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

No hurry with the decor...you still have three weeks, right? :) Great idea with he peppermint sippy.
Tonight say a toast to crazy house pets and too much to do.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

He is so cute, Raina!! Love the Peppermint Schnaps idea. I'm kind of doing that. With hot chocolate. But same thing, right?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Love your peppermint schnapps advent calendar idea! Brilliant!

My roommate does all the Christmas decorating around here which is great 'cuz I get all of the festiveness with none of the work. ;)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Eff Off said...

I'll take Banner! I already have 3 running havoc on my house, what's another? :)

Love the "adult" themed advent. I think I might have to take up that tradition in our house!

"Just wanna..." Man, what a shame. :(

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take your pup...Hooper could use a pal for a bit! HA! We haven't put our tree up yet...but my guess is Hooper will be more frightened than anything...she's a puss!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all else fails I'll take the pup, my doggie needs a playmate!!

Love your pics!!!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope - you're on your own, Banner stays with you. My cats have been nothing but trouble ever since our tree got up - my so called "good cat" Tigger was chewing on the lightbulbs, and Champ "the bad cat" just starts mowing down on the tree branches whenever we aren't paying attention to him. Sigh.

10:04 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Oh! I'd take Banner...he's a cutie!

LOVE your idea of an advent calendar. That sounds right up my alley!!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peppermint Schnapps sounds pretty damn good right about now. Think of me as you're "cheers"ing. Are you going away for the Holidays and trying to find Banner a foster home or what??? He is cuter than ever, but I don't think I could handle a big dog!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ooohhh, I LOVE those plates on your wall! Very cute!

I wish I could rent Banner for a while, but I don't think my cats would like it to much.

Enjoy you Peppermint Schnapps! :)

Ciao!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page