Friday, September 23, 2005

Happy 1st Birthday Banner

My little Banner-Bum is a whole freeking one year old.
This was supposed to be the magic number. He had such high hopes....

By one year old, Jimmy & I were sure that Banner would be trained to act like a gentleman when visitors stopped by. He was also supposed be trained to sit on command instead of waiting till we coaxed him down with a cookie.

For sure we spoiled him, heck I'd even go as far as to say he ruined him. But he's our pup with the craziest personality, we love him and we've accepted the little monster as part of our family.

Need further proof that we've ruined him to the point to no return. His birthday dinner was steak!! Jimmy insisted that Banner NEEDED a steak dinner.

I made a special trip to the grocery store to buy nothing else but mini cupcakes from the bakery for Banner. Really, nothing else, not even a gum or apples.....just cupcakes. Vanilla ones.

.

And would you check out this stash of goodies.



Yeah, I fed Banner his cupcakes one by one.....he loved every lick.....and somehow managed to get icing on my tablecloth. But fear not, he licked the tablecloth clean in no time.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Carroll said...

I can't remember how I found your site LOL (I think from Dawn > Heather > Jamie > You LOL... your site's funny title really caught my attention), but just wanted to say that your lab is beautiful! My first dog ever was a black lab and he was SUCH a great dog. I've had two more since. I LOVE labs. Yours is just adorable. :)

Anyway, great site! Have a great weekend!

Lisa

4:14 PM  
Blogger Eff Off said...

OK, seriously those were the cutest pics! Happy b-day Banner! Kora, Kalvin and Jasmine (my dogs) are sending you tail wags too. We celebrate our doggies bdays and their adoption days too. lol. There is a doggie bakery that sells dog b-day cakes and we buy homemade doggie treats each Sunday from the farmers market! They are spoiled rotten, just like all dogs should be! Can't wait to see Banner's b-dy gifts! :)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Your doggie is seriously so dang cute! He's so shiny! Very handsome! You sure do spoil him! What a lucky guy! :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Awww... Banner is so cute and talented (cleaning up his mess)!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Birthday Banner!! Looks like he had a great birthday with lots of gifts and good eats. :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

BTW, I just added a link to your blog on mine. Hope you don't mind!

7:08 PM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNER BOY!!! I can't believe he's a year already. I remember meeting him for the first time when you guys still lived in Ottawa. Man what a crazy year!! Why am I not surprised you spoiled him THAT much? You two make me laugh!! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. I'll have to give Banner man a treat then!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

LUCKY DOG!!!!
My kids should be so lucky!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Raina,
Say Happy Birthday to Banner from Minnie, he sure is a big boy, you spoil him like I spoil my Minnie.
Lucky Doggie's.
Your to funny Raina.....

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

HAHA~!!!! I just LOVE that you did this for your sweet puppers.... you are just too damn cute.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Wow!! Time flies waay too fast! I can't believe the Banner Bum is already one. And to think the last time I saw him he was afraid of my stairs!! Oh and I love the necklace (you should see the blings I bought!!)

Happy b-day Banner...BIG hugs & kisses from you matante!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Aww, you make me totally want a dog so I can spoil him and buy dog presents and put them in Spongebob bags. Oh wait, that's not a big, it's a pillow. But I'll find a bag, don't worry.(Sorry I deleted my comment before on accident) Happy Birthday, Banner!!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so cute!!! I love that you had a birthday party for him...I know I would too if I ever had a dog! My cats are spoiled rotten!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page