Thursday, September 08, 2005

I've got a ton of crap to get done this coming week-end. Next week-end I'm off to a wedding and have to drive 8 hours Friday AM with my parents and brother to get there. It's gonna be soo fun, but I hate staying away from home... I hate getting ready anywhere but my place where everything/anything is accessible. So this week-end I need my hair cut and colored (roots SOOO trashy)and need to get me an outfit.

Lastly, my "patient comment of the day" that had me and Dr. X rolling around laughing. Patient told us "I'm here for prescription renewals and I was gonna have a pap done but...... so I'm scheduled for one next week instead. Dr. X please don't have Raina call and cancel because there is a lot of preparation involved. The night before, I'm gonna get down and shave my muchachos." (I DIED right there because I KNOW this woman. I KNEW she was going to get me involved..... "Right Raina....you do it too right, when you get a pap, you make yourself pretty?") I left the room with tears in my eyes I was laughing soo hard. And then I prompty left for the night, without saying goodnight to Dr. X. Can't make eye contact after that.

p.s. Ok, who calls it a muchachos??? doesn't muchachos mean 'friend' or something like that in Spanish? I swear that is the word she used.

7 Comments:

Blogger CaroMado said...

haha thats priceless! And I dont call it that but here in Ottawa we call it a "Minou". Sounds so much nicer....

Thats absolutely halarious! Does it beat the Elmiridge guy coming to my door last night for info on our gas hookup. I needed something to write on so his co-worker said "Here...use mine it's much harder". I laughed and said "better what how you word things". They didn't think I caught on and then they told me I had a great sence of humor because I laughed about it. How can you not!!

I'm anxious to keep hearing these stories..I'm surprised you dont have more!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

*lol* That's too funny.

Once I had a bunch of friends over and we were talking about cell phone packages and stuff. My friend asks one of the guys "Can I ask you a personal question?". He agreed. "Are you happy with your package?" The look on his face was priceless and the rest of us were rolling around.

I also was mad when Jacob was kicked off last year.

I'm so happy there are 2 Cdns in the final four of rockstar!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Kim :) said...

That is to dang funny!!! I would have been laughing so hard!

Hope you get your "trashy roots" and hair cut this weekend!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

oooh i looooove me some hair-gettin-done! i should really just leave well enough alone though, since i never go back when i'm supposed to, and voila root problems, much like you...

4:16 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Ok, just reading some of you previous posts (I'm a little behind) and yes...I cried too during the coverage of the animals left behind. Absolutely tore my heart out. And I totally agree, pets ARE FAMILY!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

"I heard it all before... so don't knock down my door" LOVE the song you have when you first come in. SOOO old Skool.

Funny Post too:) I thought I would check out your blog. I found it in a round about way. I will check it out again soon.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I got here thru Caroline's blog (I sit next to her at work), and just had to say that I loved your muchacho story, and I don't know how you even made eye contact the next day, lol! My eyes would have to have been on the floor! Thanks for the laugh!
Ciao

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page