Saturday, August 20, 2005

Male dogs love male masters.....


Alright, I was cool with it. Jimmy prepared me before we got a dog and I stated it wouldn't bother me. I flat out told Jimmy I was not going to pick up poop EVER. I would brush the dog, walk him, pet him and love him but I drew the line at poop patrol. Jimmy agreed to always and forever pick up the poop. Only then did I agreed he could bring a dog into our too small apartment. (I even got to name Banner) Yeah, I fell in love with him the minute we brought him home.



Thank God we left Ottawa and their very small and expensive apartments behind very soon after we got Banner. B-man will be one year old next month, and at a little under 1 year old, he's one big puppy. I shudder to think what it would be like to still be living on the 12th floor in our tiny apartment with a horse-for-a-dog running around.

When we moved back to Timmins, we lucked out and found ourselved a very cute, very large two-storey apartment. Banner has a freeking backyard and we don't have to take an elevator to get outside.

Now, as I write this............Banner and I are having quality time. Jimmy is off somewhere and that leaves me alone with my son for the time being. Jimmy and I spend pretty equal amounts of time with our dog so therefore, Banner loves us equally. Jimmy is the alpha male in our household and Banner knows not to mess with him. But I'm the one who gets up earlier in the morning to get ready for work so I let Banner out for his morning pee, and for that he loves me. Jimmy walks him and I give him people food, like the watermelon we're sharing right this very moment. It's a give and take relationship. In return Jimmy and I get a million laughs a day courtesy of Mr Banner. Just yesterday Jimmy was telling me he didn't think Banner favoured one of us over the other. I think he was genuinely happy that Banner didn't spend more time trying to impress him first and then me. And even though I played it tough last October when we brought Banner home and told Jimmy I wouldn't be hurt if the dog was more attentive to him, I'm soo glad my little man loves me too!! And boy does he ever.........his eyes.....he can't take his eyes off of me........he loves me......he thinks I'm the prettiest girl he's ever seen........oh, waitaminute, he wants more watermelon.



I love you B. Thanks for the laughs and love. xox

2 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Aww, Banner is SO cute!! I love the picture of you two :) I REALLY want a dog!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cutie!!!! Great pics of you two :)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page