Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The most fabulous family week-end (possibly EVER!!)

And the reason I say it was possibly the best ever is because when I got married two months ago, my adrenaline was kicking soo hard that I didn't really feel anything. This week-end I was able to sit back and relax.....no decorating and no running around town.

A huge chunk of my family travelled to Midland/Lafontaine this weekend to attend my cousin Marc's wedding. And although the main purpose of the week-end was to attend the wedding, we had a ton of time to kill between Friday afternoon and 3pm Saturday. And boy, did we ever make the best of it.

My cousin Marc is pretty special to me. Our parents are each others god-parents and our birthdays are one day apart so we spent many birthdays celebrating together and also soo many week-ends together while growing up. He was a fixture in my life I as I grew up, and I hope he held me in such a light as the bright light I saw him in.(Marc, if you're reading this, I love you!!) Yeah, we all had to drive 7 hours to get to Lafontaine and drive back home two days later, but to be with Marc and Stephanie as they exchanged marriage vows, my whole family would have driven to China if we had to. Marc has the most infectious laugh and the flippin' friendliest personality you'll ever come across. Ugh, and genuine and funny......and I could go one for days. So that takes care of the groom.

Marc's beautiful bride Stephanie...I cannot write such a flowing review. When one shy girl meets another shy girl...there isn't very much talking that takes place. I've only met her a handful of times, but after being a guest at the wedding, I got a much better understanding of the person that she is. A wedding is a reflection of a bride and groom, and from what I saw this week-end, I love what they have become together. During the speeches, we 'met' Stephanie's sister and her parents, and they're all 'good people'...so Stephanie, welcome to the family. (The question is, after Dan's tuxedo episode, do you want to join?...more to come on that)

Ok, so here's a breakdown of the the week-end.



First thing we did once we got into Midland was eat big ol plates of fish and chips... This is my and cousin Renee after lunch.

We shopped around a bit downtown before heading to the bed and breakfast. completely rented out my by family. to drop of our luggage. Lots of fun. No need to tip-toe around late at night when it's all your family in the rooms around you.

Then we headed to my cousin Chantal's house to spend a 'quiet' night in, in preparation for the next day. (Yeah, quiet my a$$, I heard something about the the groom not going to bed till 5am!!)



We were boozing and singing and having a great time. Here's a pic of my dad singing with some of his sisters.



Here's Natasha, Renee and I up past our bedtimes....



My brother was up quite late the night before the wedding......and even without 8 hours of beauty sleep, he's still a cutie!! Anyone want dibs? He's single!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

You are so cute! I love all the pictures and it sounds like you had an amazing time!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like huge fun!
You sparkled! And need I say, "Great Hair!"?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Sounds like a fantabulous weekend and I can't believe little Dan tossed his tux!! Into a fire no less! hmmmm $1500 later and he still doesn't get to keep it...hahh

12:20 AM  
Blogger Kim :) said...

I would say it was Fabulous with a capital "F" also!! Glad that you had so much fun. The sparkles you went with were fantastic!! Welcome home.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I love that you had such a great weekend! Somebody better have had a better weeknd than me! :) BTW, you always write the funniest shit on my blog, I seriously lol at you all the time! Love ya! Oh, and your brother is pretty cute... ;)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Look at you you little hottie!!! I love family time, there is nothing in this world better. Which reminds me i need to call my brothre.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Cute pics!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page