Sunday, December 11, 2005

Randomness

Got tagged by Jocelyn to share 20 random facts about myself. And seeing I'm such a trouper, I obliged.

1. Christmas is just around the corner and I’ve yet to start shopping. This is sooo unlike me. I usually have shopping completely done by now. And I have no idea when it’ll actually get done. Jimmy and I do everything together, like a team. Because of our jobs, we don’t see each other anymore. It sucks.

2. I’m a huge flirt. It’s gotten me into trouble soo many times. Now I'm more careful.

3. One of the biggest thrills of my life.



4. It’s A Wonderful World was playing at the same time as the Victoria Secret’s Fashion Show tonight and I opted for the fashion show. (p.s. I’ve never seen It’s A Wonderful World.)

5. Christmas is coming, and then my birthday is in January. Everyone is asking me for gift ideas….who needs anything right after Christmas?? Not me. Anyways, I can’t even think of anything that I need for Christmas this year. Soooo after thinking really hard, I finally came up with a teapot, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and a new bra.

6. I make lists. Lists of everything. They're scattered everywhere throughout my home. And if I make a scribble or a spelling mistake, or just plain don't like my handwriting......I start the list all over from scratch.

7. I didn’t put my wedding rings on today. My hands are naked. And they usually are, up till the last second before I leave the house.

8. I’ve broken a few hearts, but never gotten my heart broken.

9. I have one younger brother. I call him my big baby brother. And because he's soo much bigger than I am, I haven't been able to get a recent picture taken with him to save my life.



10. I stopped watching American Idol after the second season when Clay Aiken lost to Ruben.

11. Jimmy bought me my first digital camera for my 24th birthday. I yelled at him and told him I couldn’t believe he spent soo much money on me soo soon after we had just moved in together. (FYI, digital cameras were JUST coming out. I was the first person I knew with one and I was clueless as to how they worked and all the wonders digital photography entailed….plus we were broke from having to actually pay our own bills) Anyways, I brought my camera out on the town with me, showed it off to my friends….and less than an hour after yelling at Jimmy for buying it for me, I was practically making out with my little Kodak, I loved it soo much. (RIP Kodak, you were good while you lasted.)

12. I realize I’ll sound like a teeny-bopper….but I love Jacob Hoggard. Ok, got another Christmas idea…. I want Hedley's album.



13. I’ve been reading this same book The Dogs of Babel for months now. I swear I’m gonna finish it if it kills me……I’m just too busy to sit and read lately.

14. It’s official….Jimmy and I are shopping for our first home. Snooped through my very
first two houses yesterday. And it felt soo wrong to be snooping through closets and looking at the people pictured around the houses. (Haven’t found it yet……but we’re checking out a few more on Sunday.)

15. I was born on Friday the 13th.

16. Scrapbooking is the first and only pastime I’ve ever taken up. So far so good.

17. Today is Saturday. That means I got to sleep in. I finally dragged my butt out of bed around 10ish.

18. My new years resolution is to start posting layouts on 2peas.

19. My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze still sets my heart aflutter to this day. And he’s what…like 50? Anyone see him lately? He’s looking older, but man………

20. I’m a sucker for random 20’s like this. And also those damned surveys friends fill out and e-mail to each other. I read them all. And I save them all…..for me to fill out on a rainy day when I have nothing to blog about.


Now let the fun begin....... Who shall I tag? I promised April that I'd tag her. We were chatting while I was making up my 20 tidbits and she practically begged me not to tag her, but I love her too much to pass up the opportunity to learn more about her Pfabulousness. So, April, show us what you're made of.

Okay, now just to show April that I'm doing this cause I love her...not out of spite, I'll tag two other people....people that I like. (Oh I like all of you, but I just want to get a point across that I'm not doing this to be mean.........)

How about my Canadian friends....we gotta stick together....
Toronto gals Alex and Christielli. Some day I'll make it to Toronto and we'll do everything up right. And token male reader Scott. If you wanna play with the girls, you have to share your secrets...or at least some quirks.

And Caroline make me proud and play along. You're being a blog slacker lately.... p.s. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. And since you haven't.....I'm posting the pictures Lisanne took of us....just for shits and giggles.





Remember, we don't pretend to have really exciting lives up in Timmins.

15 Comments:

Blogger melanie said...

Yipppeeee for #18!!!

And Dirty Dancing is one of my absolute faves too .. Johnny Castle could move couldn't he?!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

oooh I *also* love Dirty Dancing!! Yeeowwza!

"I CARRIED a watermelon?!?!?"

9:32 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing...oh yes, it doesn't get much sexier.
Can't say that I know who Jacob Hoggard is though.

10:19 AM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

Alrighty....I'm workin' on it now. I know I know....totally been slacking. Once Christmas is done and over with I'll try to be on more often!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey! Heard you guys got a bunch of snow up in Timmins! I am jealous for sure, love all that snow. I know that you hate it... born on Friday the 13th eh? That is kind of cool... how much does a house in Timmins cost>?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

loved that list!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I still don't understand how you have such cute hair (aka in the picture of you trying on shoes, which is pretty exciting, in case you were wondering). I make lists too- but just the opposite of you. They're scribbled out and random and I lose most of them within 4 hours.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love random lists too... and I am glad to hear you love Dirty Dancing as much as me... I was trying to convince Nate it should be our wedding song... I settled for the fact that we got drunk and did "the lift" at the last wedding we were at. Nate was a really great sport - yelling at people that were dancing too close to us, because it was going to become my "runway"...
it's too bad, but I don't think he'll be able to get me up in my wedding dress *sigh*

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Yay that it's getting close to our birffday! I kinda like the fact that our birthday is 3 weeks after Christmas, only because everyone gets at least one paycheck period before our birthday hits! Hee hee! That's what I always tell my mom anyways! :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! #18!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!

I am such a list maker, when I read that one I was like wow, that is so me. I constantly re-do my lists (especially cuz I hate my handwriting). I find that pencils make the best lists, I love using pencils.

Poop .... I forgot what else I was going to write about ... hold on.

Oh I remember, I was so excited when I put the whales too!!! Such a fab experience :)

I shall make my random facts list tonight ... after I get started on Joe's Christmas present.

Have a happy week :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Congrats on the house shopping! I hope that you find a palace!

Hmmm, I love lists and I love being tagged... so I must start thinking about 20 random facts now.... (Hard for my brain on a Monday.)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I've read this post like 4 times and never had the time to comment. I have not yet started my Xmas shopping either!

1:46 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

yay for Dirty Dancing...I've been known to say "I carried a watermelon?" after I say something totally lame.

And #6...you are my list makin' soul sister on that one. I make lists all the time (even did an effer dare about lists!) and I am always starting over if I "make a mistake". I agree with Alex, pencils make the best lists!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

Hi. I just found your blog and as I was reading I kept thinking "me too, me too..." So, I had to comment.

I re-write lists if I don't like my handwriting too. That's hilarious. And Dirty Dancing, uh huh. And Clay Aiken.. sad but true. :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great list and I also LOVE Dirty Dancing! Hmmm, may have to steal this and put it on my blog even though I didn't get tagged.

Good luck on house shopping!

On a final note, Chris makes fun of me and my notes. I am really anal and if I mess up I start all over. :) Glad to know I am not the only one who does this!

Ciao!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page