Saturday, January 07, 2006

Being at home on a Saturday night with my computer isn't the end of the world..... I actually dig it nowadays. But don't tell my parents....they think I act older than a 27 year old should. Always telling me stories that begin with "When we were your age......."

Well, there is only soo much tequilla a girl can handle. I was a good kid. I can't say I never drank an ounce of alcohol before my 19th birthday...but I never over-indulged. I saved that till I turned 19. And then, boy did I catch up to my friends in a hurry. In my first years as a legal drinker, I must've spent the amount of a downpayment on a house. And I kick myself now. Cause with every night of doing shots of tequilla with Jimmy, there was a new cute outfit to go with. What a waste. But I wasn't smart enough to realize that all those years ago. And my biggest accomplishment was staying home one Saturday night while my parents were entertaining, joining them at the table and outdrinking everyone including a 300lbs drinking machine. Me, a tiny 120lbs kid had the alcohol tolerance to outdrink someone more than double my size....and I got up and went to work the next morning while the man's son came in to work and told everyone what a monster I was cause his father was home hurting in a HUUUGE way.

So, I mastered the art of the tequilla shot. I outdrank a monster....(lol I love BC and I'd hate for him to know I called him a monster....he really isn't....but for the lack of a better work at the moment, I'm sticking with it...it was a true David and Goliath story.) I can't tell you how many times I came home after sun came up. Hell, Jimmy & I slept on a bench downtown one night. Is that hardcore enough?

Now can I just be an old 27 year old? I'm home in a tee and yoga pants. I have slippers on. It's Satuday night and I started a movie at 7pm so that I'd be sure to be awake for the whole thing. Now.....does anyone have a problem with that?

Cause my 28th birthday is in less than a week..........and I haven't a clue what is in store for me. I might just move into a retirement home.

16 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

Ahhh... tequila. I think I had my last of it a couple of years ago at my friends' Buck 'n Doe.

Anyway, I agree. I can't believe how downhill I've gone. Instead of figuring out something fun to do tonight, I'm hanging out at my computer, eating Baked Cheetos (I'm healthy) and dreading the inevitable (going back to work on Monday).

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an old 21 year old. :( I'd much rather sit at home on Sat night with my dog and computer than go out drinking... and here 21 is the legal age.. I've had way way more to drink under 21 that I have had being 21.. sad sad.

2:37 AM  
Blogger gabbyfek said...

sounds like my life.
and i love it.
love my jammies and my early bird lifestyle.
i'm content.
i think it's the being dog-owners thing. yeah, that's it. we can blame banner and maxxy.
xo,
g

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

love the low key nights at home - jammies and slippers instead of heels and make-up :)... i'd go for that any night.

11:13 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

19 as the legal drinking age kicks arse! Wish that were so here in the states. I graduated from college at age 20, therefore NEVER experiencing college as a legal drinker.

AND you and hubby sleeping on a bench:) Yowza!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much fun as it is to have a night on the town, I love to stay in too, and be totally comfy.

Nate and I did our share of wild partying when we were hooking up, and I swear the 1st 6 months we were together we were barely sober... after awhile getting smashed isn't as much fun (especially the next day...) as it used to be.

I love that you out drank the "monster", lol!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I was totally nodding my head along with your post, but I'm just 22! Eeek maybe I need to go party it up some more?! I started partying/drinking in high school when I was 15 so by the time college was nearing an end (@ 21) I was just over the scene. I'm just over it.... ;) xo

7:13 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

I remember those days of drinking all night with a couple hours a sleep, going to work and then doing it all over the next night. Boy what I wouldn't do for those days again. No worries except for what your wearing and where ya going. HMPH!!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

i really really like the downtown bench idea. i think i'm going to find someone to do that with me, but i'm just so crazy that i'd do that sober. i'm definitely counting down to your birthday when you become that 28-year-old geyser! seriously though, what an awesome age. you can stay home or go out. up to you!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Ahhh Tequila... me and Tequila do not get along... whenever one shows up he always has to bring along friends and next thing you know bad things have happened. Haha... don't worry about being old... nothing wrong with chilling out at home. It is Timmins in the winter!

Scott

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I here ya, girl! I used to be soooo much fun and all that, now I am too tired to be fun all the time! My bday is coming up too, and I am a year older than you!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

uhhh...this is how i prefer it...with a bottle of sangria...but yes...it makes me feel old sometimes!!
My New Blog!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You tequila champ!!! That's awesome, you're a rock star! I love it! I'm totally in my party phase so everything you were talking about I'm all- yup. Uh huh. Yeah. Been there, done that. :)

You hot old lady you. I love ya. :)

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i heard you were super funny from april so i had to come check out your blog...
i gotta say i wasn't disappointed!
lol...
YAY for tequila!
and if it makes you feel any better, for my 28th b-day i was WAY pregnant and totally lamo...
sorry, but i LOVE hanging at home w/ my computer!!!
hee hee hee

11:40 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

ah. tequila...we had our moments, but I can't be friends with tequila anymore.
staying home, in my pj pants..that sounds like my life too.
whatever makes you happy and staying home in my pj pants makes me happy!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Hey chicky! I hear ya bout the jammies but as much as I love 'em, I still love being 20 something (even though I'm actually 40 something - It's all about balance!) And as for tekillya... well, yeah - that about says it these days!! - Gives me the "flu" (But I totally agree - you gotta love BC!! Give him and DC a hug for me.)

And sleeping on a bench???! Oooh, you're my girl...What else don't I know??
xxx0xx

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page