Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Splish Splash

Ugh, is it Friday yet???

This may be a little premature but, I think summer is here. We’ve had a few hot days – like AC hot - and then it cooled off. Heck, we even had a little snow this past weekend. Yeah, snow!! But, I am fairly optimistic now. This is it!! Summer has arrived and my flip flops are out for the long haul.

The arrival of summer brings the inevitable smell of wet dog.

Banner’s been swimming up a storm for the past month but Jimmy and I just recently noticed how much his swimming has improved since last year.

Banner-man today – 1.5 years old


Banner Posted by Picasa

Soo proud of my little man. Looks like it's smooth sailing from now on. A far cry from Banner's skills last summer.

For your viewing pleasure.

BANNER'S FIRST OFFICIAL SWIM at 8 months old
















Banner and his playmate Rupert, who is the same age as Banner, wanted soooo badly to keep up with Gabby (my parent's dog ) & Riley (Rupert's older brother.)


Posted by Picasa
Would you check out the water that pup is kicking up??? Banner continued to swim like that for most of last summer. He had soo much fun, but between you and me.....I was a little embarrassed for him.


first swim Posted by Picasa

Banner and his friend Rupert. Their very first swim. Splashing about, and in deep water. Seriously, get a load of those splashes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

My dog kicks up the water like that as well. It is crazy stuff.

Glad that Banner is much better now.

Scott

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Banner is adorable, splashes and all!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

oh gosh, i could see how'd you be embarrassed for him splashing around like that!! glad he's swimming much better now :)

cute pictures!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I wanna take one of those dogs home...
:)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Look at you the proud mama!! Love the pics of your baby!! I'm counting down 'til Friday too..soon..

2:00 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

i would kill somebody for some cool weather right now...it's 100 degrees damn near with humidity of like 90%...can you say S.W.E.A.T.

love the pics girl he has grown so big

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG LOL!!!!! Banner is SOOOO CUTE!!

Jack has been swimming but not in really deep water.. only on the boat dock because the few times we went out I didn't want to get in the water with him... our lakes are gross so I pretty much never want to get in the water, lol.

And poor Emma... has only barely got to see the baby swimming pool.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

"I was a little embarrased for him"

bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! funniest thing i've read all day! love it raina! :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

The smell of wet dog = YUCK!
But the pictures are so cute... look how much fun they are all having!!!!!
It's gonna be HOT here this weekend, ugh... hate 80+ weather, no fun for me - I like Spring and Fall!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!! =)

12:02 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as far as weather goes. I'm wishing it would cool off a little down here. It's like flippin' 90 degrees in Alabama. You can barely breathe when you walk outside. Ick!

BTW, Banner is as adorable as always!

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page