Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm baaa-aaaack

We’re settling in….nicely.
Home ownership agrees with me.
Made my bed six mornings in a row!! Trust me, this is huge!
I come home from work and actually want to tidy up and do the dishes after dinner. I’m sure the novelty will wear off any day now. But I’ll force myself to do it anyways….cause the first day I let it slide, someone will drop by unannounced to check the place out.

This was the best move ever!!!
Don’t get me wrong, It was hard work and it took three weekends but seriously, we were really lucky. Rent was paid till June 30th and we took possession on the 9th so there was no rush to move in. It took a whole effing week to paint everything. Five bedrooms homes are a real prize, until you realize every room is the wrong color and needs to be repainted.

And here is where I give credit where credit is due. To people who don’t even read my blog. Painting started immediately on the 9th (Friday) and we continued throughout the weekend. Jimmy’s parents and Jimmy’s sister put in full days painting while Jimmy and I went to work the following week. Can you believe it? I HATE painting…..this was a blessing!!! I never in a million years would have had the patience to finish everything. I honestly would have stopped on the second coat in my scrap room. (Angie, I love you……and yes, 4 coats later, I can feel some good scrapping coming on.) Yes, you read it, 4 coats!!!

Last weekend was the move. Did it all on Friday and Saturday. Then we spent Sunday unpacking. We still have some boxes to unpack…..but I’m planning on attacking them bright and early Saturday morning. And then hopefully I’ll be able to share some pictures by Sunday.

Alright, I’m out….. I have like what, three weeks worth of blogging to catch up on???

11 Comments:

Blogger Just this Girl said...

yeah and you'd better get a move on!!!

glad you're on your way to being settled

and had the help in the paint dept. i love painting... so i was there in spirit

12:30 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAY for being in your new place!! Can't wait to see some pics!!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me Raina, where are YOUR photos??! Don't you think we want visuals to see what FOUR coats of paint looks like!! lol

I'm glad you're enjoying OWNING YOUR OWN HOME! Isn't it awesome??!!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay...you're in! Now get on the pics already!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Glad that the move went well and that you are all settled. I love how owning your own home has made you into a bed-maker and wanting to do the dishes right away. Hmmm.... maybe I'd better look into buying as a cure for my slothful ways.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Congrats, I am going to put the house warming CD in the mail ASAP!! Sorry for the delay.

I hate painting too, it sucks!!!

Scott

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh hell yeah, I'm so glad you are loving the new place. :) Did you get your RAK girlie?

12:13 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

hoo-ray!
I cannot wait to see pics!
heck yes! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

where are your pictures?? =)
wanna see...esp. the scrap room!!!

glad you guys got moved ok.

2:05 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

how lovely is your family-in-law for painting!
Sounds exciting! Can't wait for the photos.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you NEED to post!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page