Thursday, September 28, 2006

I don’t believe in saving a special outfit for a special occasion. Everyday is a special occasion.
I wear clothes that make me feel good.
And I don’t have 4 different wardrobes for the 4 different seasons. I have favorites and I wear them year-round, adding and taking away layers.

Soo, I was looking through my closet tonight trying to find an appropriate outfit for a Thanksgiving weekend wedding. I know I have plenty of clothes, no need to buy a new outfit.
Summer weddings warrant a new swingy skirt…..a fall wedding – not soo much in my books.

So, I came up with one outfit. Only one that I was really feeling. Tried, tested and true. It makes me feel great!

My question……is it alright to wear all black to a wedding?
I mean, black used to be ‘funeral’ but the last funeral I attended was quite colorful.
So, can I wear black? To a fall wedding?

11 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

If the wedding is in the evening I believe that would be appropriate.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I was going to say the same thing as Juli. But really, wear what you like and feel great in.

Scott

2:59 PM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Sure....why not??

4:50 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Black is almost the only colour isn't it? And I believe we both wore black to a wedding once...not same outfit but same designer! I say go for it!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Oh yeah! And your mother wore black at your wedding and looked pfab!! Too bad it was only like a kajillion degrees that day!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I say yup!
I wore a black dress to a few weddings, and it didn't even occur to me utnil now that it might not have been appropriate.

Wear what is comfortable and feels good - whatever colour... (just not your wedding dress, lol)!

Later!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I say yes! But also I agree with Juli about black being more appropriate for an evening wedding. it depends on the couple as well.

I think black is very elegant and I even wanted my bridesmaids to wear black dresses (nick wouldn't let me :(

12:57 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

i don't see why not. i was a bridesmaid in a wedding in may and the dress was black.

so go for it!

:)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

i dunno. i'm a fashion idiot!! i'd say if it's in the evening then yeah, but maybe not for afternoon wedding?? that's my guess.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

i say yes why the heck not...u can always put a splash of color with it if you want....

5:24 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

I say go for it. Everyone looks good in black, and therefore it is not only a funeral colour.

You can always fun it up with cool shoes and accessories. You have lots of cool colourful necklaces, so I think you're good.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page