Monday, October 09, 2006

Thank you x 1000.
Your prayers and thoughts worked like a charm.
On Friday afternoon, Jimmy finally got the call he’s been waiting for these past two weeks.
He got the promotion he’s been working towards since Pepsi first offered it to him and then turned around and gave it to someone else last year.
Yeah, direct quote from his boss this time last year. “James, are you interested in the job? It’s yours! Go home and celebrate.”
Then the very next day “Umm, did you happen to tell Raina about the promotion? Because we’re interviewing tomorrow for that job I was telling you about yesterday. We decided that you need a little more experience. But stick around cause you’re a really valuable employee and I don’t want to loose you. Next time, the job is yours.”
He’s in shock. He honestly did not believe he was going to get it this time either.
I think he’s said to me “I can’t believe I got the job” at least 18 times since last Friday.
Timmins and it’s surrounding areas are complete and total Pepsi cities.
He’s walking taller. And feeling a whole heck of a lot better about himself.
It’s beautiful.

We had a great weekend in Ottawa.
The wedding was very nice.
I saw a few similarities between mine and my cousin’s wedding.
I guess I should be flattered right?

The reception hall had large tables sitting 10 people each. My table was smack in the middle of the hall. There were only 5 of us at the table and we were the loudest by a long shot. What we lacked in numbers we made up for in laughs.


"Wooohoooo 18!!!"
And seriously, my uncle was the biggest instigator!!


my uncle and my dad - such clowns!!


the boys; my uncle, Jimmy and cousin Dan


Raina & James


the girls; soo glad I had Renee at my table....


Renee, the actress in the family. Flew in fromVancouver to be with our family for Thanksgiving and we managed to snaggle her an invitation to the wedding. And I finally got my autographed 8x10 autographed picture. bwa-hahahaha!

Banner stayed home alone for the first time.
Jimmy usually stays behind and I attend out of town weddings and parties without him.
This time Jimmy came along.
We had neighbors check on Banner a few times a day to feed him and let him out.
When our neighbor dropped our house key off today, he said Banner didn’t eat a thing the first day but that he let Banner out 5 times a day. By the second day, Banner had warmed to him and was eating up a storm.
We smoothed things over with Banner with a HUGE bone from Pet Smart.
All’s well in the house tonight.
Banner and Jimmy are each asleep on a couch upstairs.
I just may leave them there tonight.


Banner Posted by Picasa


Banner & James Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

sooo glad that everything worked out for james. big congrats to him!!!

glad you had fun at the wedding.

still no goodie pkg. from me yet???? i mailed that thing out in the beginning of august.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Great news! So happy for you and Jimmy about his new job!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Woo-hoo Jimmy for the promotion!!!! (I can't believe that they offered it to him last year and then took it back. Nuts.)

Glad that you had a fabulous time in Ottawa. Sounds like the wedding was a blast.

I try to make a point of always being at the loud table at a wedding.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That bone is hillarious! I am sure banner is loving your guys right now.

Congrats to Jimmy!

Scott

3:12 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Glad you guys got home safe and sound. And I knew the moment I saw that bone that Banner would forgive you guys for going away!!
How did the pics of my guys turn out?
love, Shoosh

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

oh my gosh, that bone is so hilarious!!! hopefully he's over being mad at you guys. big huge congrats to Jimmy on the promotion =) woo hoo for good news!!!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Dude.
Hugest bone EVER!
Hahahahahaha!!!!
Biggest, hugest congrats going out to Jimmy!
That's so great hun! :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You said huge bone and you meant it! MY GOD that is the BIGGEST BONE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Jack & Emma would be jealous, lol.

Congrats to Jimmy!!! MMm you think you can send some Pepsi my way?? Hehe!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

YAY Jimmy!!! Congrats! And I bet Banner forgave you two. And you looked so cute ! The pics are awesome and tell Renee I want an autograph pic too! hehe Frig she's gorgeous!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page