Wednesday, October 18, 2006


I finished this tonight.
I say that like I finished the book, right?
Nope, it was the actual movie. No reading involved.
It just takes me a while sometimes.
I only watch movies in their entirety when I have a movie night with Jimmy.
It takes discipline to sit still for 2 hours.
And my mind starts wandering halfway…. “hmm, I wonder what I’m missing on tv” or “holy crap, I just remembered the name of the song I need to download”

I completely enjoyed Shopgirl.
Which is why it only took me 4 nights to finish it.
I dug out my season of My So-Called Life on DVD right after.
And although I exceeded my TV quota for the evening, I popped in a DVD and watched the first episode of MSCL. (How many of you cried at the Christmas episode?)

Tell me, did you watch My So-Called Life?
Because I will forever wonder why it was cancelled after the first season.
I didn’t relate to Saved by the Bell and 90210.
But I could relate to Angela Chase.
I was that awkward. And I still miss her. After all these years.

p.s. Oh Jordan Catalano, you were soo dreamy. It pains me to look at pictures of you nowadays.

10 Comments:

Blogger Just this Girl said...

i didn't watch this show
i did the other two
anyway - i am sooooo ADD when i watch a movie
i blog
do laundry
paint my toes
take a quick nap
sing songs in my head

but i can read a book...
go figure?

2:58 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

loved, loved, loved "shop girl" and "my so called life". why did they cancel it???

shop girl has one of my most favorite movie lines in it ever. now of course i can't remember every word, but at the end when they run into each other again at the gallery, steve martin is narrating and says something along the lines of at the same time he thinks of her and she thinks of him and for that moment they are connected again.

{sigh}

i know thats not it verbatum...hey, could you pop that dvd in and watch the last three minutes of the movie and write that down for me? certainly you don't have anything else to do...BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

i too was swooned by jordan...how sweet he was.

9:51 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I didn't watch my so called life.
I was all about the 90210.
sounds like maybe I should rent it though.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I can't watch movies...books are much more convenient for me! I ahven't seen MSCL in YEARS but I still love JL, even though he isn't hot anymore!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I enjoyed that movie and book quite a bit. Steve Martin's other book is great too...

Glad that you enjoyed.

Scott

2:03 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

never watch mscl..or shopgirl....

9:20 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

I saw part of Shopgirl when my roommate rented it. Forget why I didn't watch the whole thing... Oh yeah, I walked in partway through and I hate missing the beginning of a movie so I walked off.

I have movie ADD too. I have to be in a particular mood to watch a movie at home.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

omgosh, i just had flashbacks to when i watched My So-Called Life, i LOVED that show! it was painful to watch sometimes, but it sure was realistic! and i totally agree with your p.s. comment!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Chandra said...

I loved LOVED my so called life. I remember when they started the band and he sang the Ramones "I wanna be sedated." Maybe I am a movie snob but I love Steve Martin, but totally couldn't get into Shopgirl. I tried... really.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

huge MSCL fan... very very upset when it ended...

I will have to check out Shop Girl then - I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page