Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Where the heck did all our money go?
Oh yeah, we bought a house.

The latest project we’ve taken on was to replace the carpet in the basement. The basement is completely finished, however so was the carpet.
So we decided that before we put anything in the basement, the carpet would come out.
Choosing a carpet both Jimmy and I agreed on was more than half the battle.
Last weekend, on our third attempt, we finally agreed and bought on the spot.
This weekend, we finish it up with the trim…..cause apparently you should wait incase the carpet stretches… (Thank goodness for fathers and all their knowledge.)

Christmas is two months away!!
And I want the basement finished and furnished for the holidays.
I bought a Martha Stewart Christmas tree on clearance in the middle of the summer three years ago that we’ve never seen out of the box. This year it’s coming out.

Finally, I’ll have no qualms over leaving Banner alone in a house with an unattended Christmas tree while we’re at work. Banner can have the whole upstairs and the tree will be safe behind closed door in the basement.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Definately go with scrapper magazing over O. We are still cool...hahaha.

Scott

2:44 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Thank goodness for dads. Can I borrow yours when I need advice on handy things like how to install carpets? My dad somehow avoided all of those jobs by getting his own father to do it.

However, my dad does know useful things like ancient Greek history and baseball statistics.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I was thinking that too..that Christmas is two months away!! Crazy!! But I'm excited!! YAY for new carpet in the basemetn and finally being able to put up your Martha Stewart tree!! And Dad's that know all this important house stuff is awesome!! My dad is the same!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

girl with a house you WILL NEVER HAVE MONEY....promise!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

All of my stinkin money goes into my house too!! But I'd rather be broke and have my own home (most days!)

10:14 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

hey, if you ever find your money, let me know. mine might be close by :)

i am *so* jealous that you have a basement. we don't have basements down here and it sucks!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Yup, mucho jealous about the house!
We're probably a far ways away from that big step... probably apartment dwellers forever... but there's no real hurry for us, our rent is pretty cheap.
Sometime I'm gonna hitch a ride with Caroline and come see your place!!!!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page