Thursday, November 23, 2006

Alright, this post is mostly the same as the last one because there were definitely not enough suggestions for my liking!!!

That’s right, teacher’s mad now.
Her students didn’t read her blog and submit homework like she asked them to.

Here’s what was suggested so far:

Rocking around the Christmas Tree (Nicole, any specific version?? And please don’t say Jessica Simpson or else I’ll stop reading your blog.)

Mariah’s All I want for Christmas (Sarah…this was your one freebie….As you requested, I will not judge, but maybe try to redeem yourself with another suggestion…..preferably a kickass one.)

Bon Jovi’s Bells Will Be Ringing. (thanks Greta the Great. I’ll add this one.)

Trans Siberia Orchestra and Metallica's "Carol of the Bells" (A++ Yes Shoosh, powerful indeed. Mikey would also approve!)

Sarah suggested some entire Christmas albums that I am presently checking out…and good ol’ Bing. I agree, he needs to be added. It wouldn’t be Christmas without him.

And last but certainly not least, Queen Christielli. Rocks my face off with all her suggestion of Maybe This Christmas Tree. OH. My. GAWD!!!! Give it a listen.

Now, I ask again…..please please help me out with some suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, feels like forever since I posted a picture…..it’s mostly because I’m too lazy to upload pictures from my camera. But I’ll get err done this weekend cause the tree is going up and decorations are coming out and I want to share those.

But I managed to find something to share. Alright, welcome!!! My first house picture!! My little dining table is quite small. Got it years ago and seriously, probably only ate at it about 20 times in four years. We usually eat in front of the tv (I know I know!!! Soo bad) and occasionally at our little island in the kitchen.
Anyways, just wanted to share and get your opinions….



Check out the hallway….. We painted the upstairs lavender and painted the trim around the doors white. They were not painted when we moved in…they matched the doors. Now, my question is, how bad do the doors look unpainted??
We have all sorts of little things that need to be fixed around the house but Jimmy is obsessed with replacing the doors for white ones. (The doors we have up now have a funny finish on them that will take an eternity to paint over and we live in Canada so there’s no option to take them out to the backyard and sand them down….it’s freezing here and there’s snow all over the place.)
I told Jimmy to wait and we’ll get to the doors eventually….but he seems to think they look horrible. What do you think??? Should new doors be added to the top of the list of things to do/buy?? Or can they wait till next spring when we can either take them outside or afford new doors?

13 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

Woot! Looks like I got an "A" from the teacher. *sigh* I'm such a Lisa Simpson. I thrive on being graded.

Hmmmm, I really like the lavender walls. I'm having a hard time evaluating the door situation from the picture. It doesn't look bad to me at all...

11:23 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

1. No specific version... any I guess.. haven't heard Jessica simpson's though...
2. My second suggestion John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (war is over)"
3. MAS PICS PLEASE!!!! Can't hardly see the doors from the view but they look like a dark brown, which is fine.. if that's what color they are :)
4. I was skeptical about the lavendar when you said.. but now I see! Delicious!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I am going to go with waiting on the doors. For me, your place looks great... there is no hurry and you never know what may come up in your first Winter in the house.

As for the Xmas music... i am going to reccomend the Boney M xmas album.

Feliz Navidad being the best choice..

Enjoy!

Scott

9:17 AM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I would probably hold off on the doors until spring. I am sure you have other things to spend money on first!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Hmm. gotta say I think the doors are ok - but it is kinds hard to tell much detail in the pic.

Love the lavendar though!

Hmmm... xmas song....thinking....(shouldn't admit to liking that Mariah song...but I really do!!!!)....I really like any version of white christmas... that makes me feel all christmasy inside.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that the doors look terrible. I think it's a wait til you can afford it project more so than a "oh my word this is embarassing and must get done now" project. :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

sheesh i was sweating there for a minute on my answer...lol

i agree with Jimmy...they need to be white...but i could wait until spring instead of buying all new doors...that gets pricey....and besides they don't look HORRIBLE...but i do vote white

1:03 AM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

Well I have to say one thing about home ownership and that is...you can't have it all right away! I vote - wait til spring. Get thru the holidays and like Scott said "your first winter in the house". Come spring - go nuts! (either paint or new - whatever you can afford then) By the way, I love what I see as it is!! And thanks for the passing grade! :) xox

4:59 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

I'd say save the money and wait until spring. Why buy new ones if you can just paint the old ones. Chances are you would end up painting the new ones anyway because the white wouldn't match the trim. It is hard to tell from the picture but they don't look bad from what I can see. Isn't it fun to make a place your home! As for the christmas music, try "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by Vince Guaraldi Trio for something a little different.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jill H said...

i'd wait on the doors too, that's just me! if it's something that truly is gonna bother him then spend the money...but if you can put up with them til spring then it'll be less money. which is good.

my Christmas music suggestion is the suuuuuuuper fast version of Jingle Bells, i have no idea who sings it but my sisters and i used to love to try to keep up singing it when we were little. one of my favorites! another one is Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Comin' to Town...love that one!!!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here a few of my holiday faves:

Blue Christmas - Elvis
Baby, It's Cold Outside - Elf soundtrack
With Bells On - Kenny & Dolly (or any from their Once Upon a Christmas album)
I definitely second anything by Bing Crosby, but Mele Kalikimaka is a must!

Hope that helps. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

So I come to check out the blog, and I realize that I got an F in class Raina. Not cool.
I don't even know if I can redeem myself :) What can I say? I like cheesy christmas songs.
But since I've already completely failed, i might as well tell you what's playing right now on my Ipod christmas playlist....

Lots of Bing Crosby and Perry Como.
Vanessa Williams - Star Bright (Baby, It's Cold Outside is my fave)
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Attic
Martina McBride - White Christmas
My secret is out.

Feel free to judge now :)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I'm sorry but Mariah's All I want for Christmas is the JAM.
As in - the only christmas music I can stomach.
My bro sent me Transsiberian orchestra. I'm like MEH.
Helpful?
Not so much

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page