Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm 28 going on 82.

Prepare to read the funniest thing you've read in the past few days.

Jimmy and I bought a Dodge Grand Caravan yesterday.
Are you laughing yet?
No?!?
Weird, cause every single person we've told minus our immediate families have laughed at us and asked "What on earth for? Why a van? Why not a SUV? Are you pregnant Raina?"

I know, you're all sitting in shock and think "Ugh!!! A mini van."
But nooooo, it's a Grand Caravan with Stow and Go!! I can make the seats disappear at the snap of a finger....
I can do some serious shopping. <------ That was actually the angle Jimmy worked on me because I originally was asking "why can't we have a cute SUV?"

So yeah, we're kids without babies driving a Grand Caravan. But hey, we have a dog, so we qualify as a family in my books....and we'll eventually have kids. And it's not a beat up used van. It brand new. So there!!!! And it's soo fun! (AND, I now have my own vehicle.....of course, Jimmy gets the van for work and I get the little Echo....but my gas mileage is insane. With just me driving the Echo, I'll only need to fill the car up once a month or something stupid like that.)

p.s. I got to drive myself to work this morning instead of taking the bus. Took me 10 minutes to get to work.....as does the bus ride. However the drive home took wayyyy longer and was much more expensive than a bus ride because since I had the car, instead of going straight home, I stopped all the way home to pick things up for supper, for dessert, ran an errand, bought kleenex on sale at the pharmacy..... Took me 45 minutes to get home.

Oh and just to re-inforce the 28 going on 82...

1 - I stayed in last Friday and Saturday night. I scrapped and blogged and went to bed early.
2 - I had my first knitting lesson with my Nana tonight. At 28 years of age, I have finally set my very first goal. An afghan. Ooohh, ambitious, aint I?

10 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

A van? I laughed right away... oh and I have heard that you have said some 'things' to Chriselda... very very funny stuff!!!

Scott

11:28 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

wow! you've made a van sound pretty fab. the hubby has been wanting to get one, but i keep saying i'm not that kind of mom. however, the idea of stow and go and being able to shuttle around more shopping bags sounds wonderful!!!

and i love that you're 28 going on 82. i wish i could take those knitting lessons from your nana with ya. i can only do one stitch and have made scarves up the wazoo but nothing like an afghan. good luck!

10:08 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

a van?! :) I laughed...

staying in on Fridays and Saturdays?
going to bed early?
knitting?
I guess that means I'm 31 going on 82.
:P

11:55 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You know what this means Raina? You've set my fate. Damn it I don't wanna drive a mini van!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Shooshoo said...

OMG!! I can't believe you bought a loser cruiser!! laffin here too :)
I guess I can't laugh too hard though cause I just bought a grown-up car too. Cobalt...with 4 doors!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You are TOO funny!!
Love it!
Hey girl, rock that van.
Your friends tease now, but come moving time for them, they'll be loving you. :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jill H said...

i never though i would drive a minivan, but i'd be lost without mine now, i'm so used to all the room!! even though you don't have kiddos yet you'll probably love it even more when you do...and i'm sure Banner loves all that space!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

A van, eh? As long as it doesn't have wood panelling...

Why was Jimmy pro-van?

I love knitting too! I can knit scarves, hats, and baby booties. That's it though. Every year I say I'll learn how to do mittens but then I don't.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

a van?? but you're too much of a young hottie to be drivin a van! altho, I do think minivans are cheaper than SUVs, so I do like that angle...and probably better on gas...more money for all the shopping purchases you can hide in your sto and go! :P

5:40 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hahaha thats halarious...even though I don't like to admit it we have a caravan as well..there is a reason though !!! the in laws were trading it in and we ended up getting a sweet deal on it..so thats why...but it really has been great..we have used it on road trips and just sleep in the back ...and you can fit lots of people...and like you said lots of shopping..comes in handy for lot o things:) enjoy your new van lol and your not alone..we have no kids yet and we are 26 and drive a mini van!!! oh my...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page