Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve

It hardly feels like Christmas here.

We’re having some strange weather.
Don’t get me wrong, the fact that I can see my grass out in the yard is pretty rad!!
I practically neighbor the North Pole. It’s usually cold and snowy here this time of the year.

But as much as the weather is making me cheery, it’s not enough.I’m more poopy than I am merry this holiday season.

Last year as Jimmy and I sat in church on Christmas Eve, we held hands and whispered promises to each other that “next year will be different, we’ll have a baby. Or at the very least, we’ll be expecting.”

But it didn’t happen.
This year we celebrated our first wedding anniversary and bought our first house.
A small cozy house and in it, we have a really sweet little room painted yellow.
Waiting.
Empty.

We have a house, two full time jobs, health benefits, food in the refrigerator and a sweet puppy face greeting us every time we walk in the door.
So I should be grateful. I know.
I actually am.
But I’ve been bit by the baby bug.

I still have some wrapping to do.
And I have to clean two toilets.
But other than that, I’m ready for tomorrow.

And I’m excited to see what the man in red leaves me tomorrow night.

Santa, you got my list, right?
And you know I was definitely nice this year, right?
On the off chance my letter didn’t make it to the North Pole, here’s my list again.

a baby
a maid
to be 10 lbs lighter
365 days of good hair
grace and poise
2007 The Office calendar


It’s a safe bet that I won’t be posting till after all the holiday hoopla is over.
So I’ll take this time to wish you all a very delicious Christmas.

Cheers!! oxo

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I hope your wish comes soon this upcoming year :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Oh Raina - totally hear you - most of our friends are either expecting or just had a little baby bundle o' joy... and they've all been little boys... and Nathan is ooh so jealous, lol! Me too, but his clock has been ticking a lot louder than mine has.

Gloomy xmas weather doesn't help. Sunny still = gloomy if there is no fresh pretty white snow on the ground.

Merry Christmas!

11:13 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

sweet raina.
i truly hope your christmas wish comes true for you soon :)

hope your christmas was happy!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Raina!! Merry Christmas!! I hope you get all your wishes (10lbs lighter AND a baby! Now THAT's a wish!!)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

The 2007 Office calendar rocks!!! I have it. I can't wait 'til April (Jim month).

I hope that you get everything on your list at some point in 2007. And if you get that maid, do you think you could send her my way? ;)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

testing testing 123

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page