Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Awww, a fresh new year!!!!
2007.

Got my new calendar, got my new agenda....
I opened to January and the first note I put into each was my birthday.
And I actually stopped and asked myself "Am I really turning 29 this year?!?"
before saying to myself "Way to go Raina, you already made a mistake in BOTH of your brand new calendars!!"
(Yes, as a matter of fact, I absolutely do talk to myself.)

Umm, it wasn't a mistake.
I really am turning 29 in a few days.
Not sure how I feel about it.

Skipped the resolutions last year.
This year I decided to try again.
I'm not a smoker. Or much of a drinker.
And deciding to lose those extra 10 lbs I've put on in the last year-ish.
Yeah, they're not going anywhere.
Instead, I've decided to just take better care of myself.
I'll start eating breakfast.
I'll remember to take my vitamins every day. Not just when I open the vitamin cupboard looking for tweezers.
Then I'll book an checkup appt with my family doctor, with my dentist and my optometrist.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill H said...

happy (almost) birthday, Raina!!! hope you have a great one :) i think taking care of yourself is one wonderful resolution. happy new year =)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAY it's almost your birthday!! 29 WOW!! I guess I shouldn't talk I'm getting there too!! you look fab, of course!! I totally need to go and have checkups by the doctor, dentist, optometrist...soon!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

dude, eating breakfast is one of MY goals...as is that dreaded dentist appointment. eek!

almost 29? trust me, it's not so bad.
:)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Sounds like a healthy start!

3:47 PM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

29...eeek. I feel your pain and I am freshly 27. I think the whole 27-29 span is just so freaking scray for some reason.

8:43 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

happy birthday in advance to ya!!!!!

i'll be 29 next month and i can't believe it? i didn't dread 30 until i started to get closer to it...eeek! i thought about throwing a "i only have one year left till i'm farkin' 30" party, but who knows, it might not be that bad {fingers crossed}.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I'm jumping on the take better care of myself wagon too... breakfast has always been one of my downfalls... it's just so hard to get motivated! (And get up early enough to make it!!!)

Happy new year!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

YAY!! Nick turns 29 this year too (Oct though) Let's hope that makes this a lucky year!! Happy soon to be birthday!

ANd love the new banner!! (And miss seeing new pics of Banner the dog)

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page